måndag 15 september 2008

10 sep, The Brook, Southampton

*Pictures will be added soon*

It's a nice little town we’re playing in tonight. Arrived to the venue – The Brook, around 12 and since I went to bed pretty early last night I went straight to the dressing room, which is like a small apartment above the stage, that we share with the Backyard Babies. There was nothing to eat for 2 hours so when it finally arrived I ate too much and I haven’t stopped yet.. guess my stomach learned that you’ll never know when you’ll get food next time.. I’m constantly thinking of all the food I’m gonna cook back home again.. There’s a washing machine in the dressing room tonight and it’s going on full speed since the whole day. I planned to share one with Klara but it’s only 3 more gigs and the clothes that has already rot can remain wet and disgusting ‘til I get home instead…

The venue is pretty cool tonight. Different from all the dark rocknroll venues we usually plays, this feels more like a blues rock club, and it’s really nice. And fresh, the toilets and the showers are clean and well functioning, the dressing room is clean… a very nice brake from the standard. Really looking forward ‘til today’s gig, even though I heard ticket sales wasn’t too good today, it will be fun just to play this stage, sound check was great!

19:12 –tourbus outside the Brook
I went back on the bus again just to not eat myself to death before the gig.. But I did order a Indian Chicken Jalfrezi dish before I left the dressing room...Everybodies dinner is on the way but now it’s only 1 ½ hour before gig so I guess I’ll have to save it ‘til later. But then I know something hot and good is waiting for me after the gig mmmm…
Today Backyard found out about the Swedish blog that I also update on the newspaper Aftonbladet’s website. Good I haven’t told too many juicy tour stories and secrets yet he,he. Actually I’ve got some pretty funny pictures of both bands but I'll keep 'em in the private collection.. For CB I know pretty well what’s ok and not,.. which reminds me I have to find that picture of Ida showering in the garbage bin after the gig at Cathouse in Glasgow…
….
The gig went really good today, the sound was great on stage and they said it was good in the room as well. After the gig we were supposed to go to an aftershow party, but when everybody was ready to go the clock was already 2 and the club has closed so we didn’t make it unfortunately. Everybody was really on their way and I was really looking forward to it as well since I just went straight to bed last night after a huge pizza… But instead we spent the night on the bus, I tried to learn how to play poker and stayed up ‘til 5.30 –whohooo! One of the Barbaras was up even ‘til 10 in the morning. Looking good for the next gig J

1 kommentar:

TchorT sa...

Hope to see you soon girls !

Great job !