lördag 28 mars 2009

Sottottetto Bologna Italy 27 march






After six hours of constant driving in the white hellride car we finally got to our hotel where we could stay for 40 minutes before going to the venue for load in. Me and Klara shared rooms and since there wasn’t much time for anything we just laid down on the beds starting to talk about/dream how we can arrange the coming tours so we can afford to have a better tourbus with beds or at least normal seats so we don’t have to break our backs every time we go somewhere.

We arrived at Sottottetto some minutes after five in the afternoon. Our backline tech Våfflan had been there with Backyard Babies some months before so he knew the place already. The container outside that he said used to be the dressing room had been on fire so it wasn’t in use anymore, so our room was a shelf right next to the stage. Like always the work with the stage was delayed so we sat down in our “dressing room” and waited, there wasn’t much we could do.

In a great party mode..
The worst thing was that we had nothing to eat, usually we get some coffee and sandwiches at the arrival but there was absolutely nothing there, and nothing around in the area but green fields so we couldn’t go and buy something either. Since we hadn’t eaten since breakfast we started to become a bit grumpy eight hours later…
Klara is writing set lists on plastic plates...
At half past eight it was finally time for our sound check. It was a really bad sound on stage and we only got about 7-8 minutes sound check since it was so delayed, and the monitor tech just decided that we got one more minute to sound check.. Pretty pissed off because of that -if someone wants you to play on their club at least you want it to sound as good as possible?? -Shitty sound check

Anyway then we sat down and waited for the delayed dinner for almost 1 hour, had some pasta and then we had to hurry back to the hotel before the main dish arrived because we had no dressing room at the venue and we needed to get change and warm up before the gig.

Our dinner...

Stage Boss Våfflan
We tried to get some sleep just to recharge the body batteries ‘cause it’s always a physical explosion to be on stage. I was really worried because all the travel in the uncomfortable bus, the flight and two long days before had really made my voice rough in a bad way –it felt like I’ve been on tour for 2 weeks at least! I slept for a half an hour and then we got dressed and did make up in 10 minutes before going back to the venue. I tried to warm up my voice as much as possible but it was still not good. Unfortunately we missed almost both bands, Neronova had already played and we saw the last few songs with Rain, who just came home from their European tour.

Normally on the few venues that don’t have showers, I use to "shower" by pouring water on a towel and “shower” in the bathroom after the gig but now there wasn’t even a toilet or room to be alone, just an open shelf for us, and since I didn’t want to stay there naked next to the stage after the gig trying to shower with a towel and water bottles, I decided to not use my leather pants this evening. ‘Cause they make me extremely sweaty. Instead I just put on my working pants and sneakers because I was pretty pissed off at the whole day. But there comes something good out of everything, 'cause this night I learned how great it was to play in sneakers instead of boots. It doesn't look as good as boots but I play better and that's more important...


Then everything turned out to be a fantastic night!!! The gig was really good, lots of people and they seemed to enjoy the show. It’s so amazing for us to see so many people knowing all the lyrics and really singing along, and having a good time. That makes us play even better!! And my rough voice worked at least ok during the whole show. For me I was so happy to see all of my friends from Bologna in the crowd, I had been looking forward to see them this night and when I did, all the last irritation and anger ran off me and the whole night turned out really great. So we had a great time on stage and afterwards we went out signing cd’s and stuff, and I got to hang out a bit with my friends.

All the lovely crazy heads :-)

Gio, Våfflan and Manu

So in the end it went out being a good night and the venue was great, if we get to play here another time we will remember to eat something before arrival, and to bring a bath tub..

A short after party in our room... but ..butt...???
Our Italian friend Gio, also brought the new CB t-shirt design that she was asked to create for us. It looks very good so in a short while we’ll have some new hot t-shirts for you!!

Ciao // Mia Maschiacchio


Our italian friends Lorenzo and Roberto (www.crucifiedbarbara.it) are making secret plans in the dark.. or having a birra :-)

Inga kommentarer: